Here’s my version of the Pinoy Spaghetti.
1 medium-sized red onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup button mushrooms, sliced (or you may buy the pieces and stems in can)
1 piece Tender Juicy or CDO jumbo hotdog, sliced in diagonal pieces
2 slices of CDO cooked ham, diced
1/4 kilo lean ground pork
1 220 ml sachet of Del Monte’s Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce
30 ml Del Monte tomato sauce (I use the transparent cup that comes with rice cookers)
1/3 (of a cube) Knorr Pork Cube
Salt and pepper to taste
About 100 gms spaghetti noodles
Cheddar cheese, grated (for topping)
- Boil spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a separate pan, start making your Pinoy Spaghetti sauce. Saute onions in low heat until transparent.
- Add in lean ground pork and cook until brown.
- Add in button mushrooms and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add in hotdog slices and cooked ham and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Pour in Del Monte’s Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce and tomato sauce.
- Drop in Knorr Pork Cube to the sauce. Add a dash of salt and pepper (though not much salt, as the pork cube already brings flavor to the mixture). Let the pork cube dissolve with the sauce by simmering in low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring from time to time to prevent the sauce from sticking to the pan.
- Pour sauce over cooked noodles and top with cheddar cheese.
- Enjoy! Serves about 4-5.