In a sphere where tens of blogs are born every minute of the day, there’s probably nothing more gratifying than
eating being told that your blog makes a difference. And this morning, I got that, courtesy of sassy mom Ning of Nurse’s Diary. Thank you, hot momma!
This model-turned nurse-turned SAHM granted me a bouquet of three blogger mini awards: Versatile Blogger Award, Sunshine Award, and Best Moment Award. The bouquet of three is a sort of a chain letter-awards, only not annoying like actual chain letters. It is given by one blogger to another as an affirmation of the positive difference his/ her blog made in that blogger’s life.
It’s not as prestigious as say, The National Blog awards or the yearly Emerging Influential Blogs, but hey, as long as this blog is able to influence and inspire one person (or even half-a-person), I’m a happy woman.
So. As a recipient of these awards, I am required to share with you a privilege speech on seven quirky things about me. Sorry, just doing as told.
- I was supposed to be featured in a Hunt’s Pork N’ Beans commercial when I was five.
- I have a collection of poems from fifth grade to present, and only two people have read that collection: me and my friend Gianna.
- I had my first and only tattoo when I was sixteen – which I also had laser-removed a decade later.
- I like all things spooky: spooky houses, spooky stories, spooky movies, spooky carnival rides, and I have relatives to thank for that. Made me watch Freddie Krugger alone in a dim living room when I was around 6 or 7. Not kidding.
- I suck at Math. I missed high school graduation because of that. LOL.
- Dance used to be one of my growing-up passions. Fiestas, school programs, Christmas parties – you name it.
- Water is my element. I thoroughly enjoy any activity that involves water: dishwashing, doing the laundry, swimming, snorkeling, rainshower dabbling…which is also why when I’m without a baby, I never bring an umbrella.
As a recipient, I must also grant these awards to up to 15 deserving bloggers. Who’s on my list?
The noble who write and capture the best in life,
The bold who reminded us what really mattered –
Savoring the experience of quality time.
- Gaye Mitra-Emami of Pinay Travel Junkie and The Hippie Mum
- Nerisa Guevara of This Lady Is Cold
- Gideon Nolasco of Pinoy Mountaineer
- Allan Barredo of Lantaw
Versatile Blogger Award
- Matt Walsh of The Matt Walsh Blog
- Tutubi of Backpacking Philippines
- Dennis Villegas of Dennis Villegas
- Richard Mamuyac of Astig Machismis and Mapagbigay Ka Ba?
- Jenny Ong of Chronicles of A Nursing Mom
- Nina Fuentes for her personal blog (http://evilmartian.org/)
Remember: a nomination is synonymous to receiving the award itself. And as a recipient here are the rules:
3. Present up to 15 awards to deserving bloggers (Not necessarily the one who granted you an award).
5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.