*This post has been updated as of April 22. As per the organizers, the Festival has been moved from April 25 to 26 (previous date was April 24-26).
Ah, mountain festivals. Camping, reggae music, river crossing, all that shebang.
Well, if you’re in Manila and you’ve got nothing on your plate for the weekend, you might want to hop on over to San Mateo, Rizal from the 25th to the 26th for the first ever Sandugo Mountain Festival and MTB Cup.
This two-day outdoor event will take you to a smorgasbord of reggae trippin’ and adrenaline-kickin’ outdoor activities including:
- Trail running
- River crossing
|Crossing Magana Falls|
- Basic Mountaineering Course
- Orienteering (map and compass navigation)
- Non-competition biking (for non-participants of the MTB Cup)
- Mini adventure race (series of 5 mental and physical team tasks
- Camping and outdoor gourmet
- Live reggae sesh
You get one free pass (applicable for both days) for every P500 single-receipt purchase of regular-priced Sandugo and Basekamp items. The pass includes:
- Tent and sleeping mats (applicable for festival attendees. Tents and mats for friends and relatives of MTB-only participants may bring their own or rent from Basekamp)
- Complimentary dinner on the second night
- Access to festival activities
- Free shuttle to and from the site (Basekamp San Mateo) in Pintong Bukawe.
If you’re a mountain biker, you might also want to join the 12-hour endurance race. The MTB Cup features three categories for both pros and non-pros: All-Men, Mixed (at least one per sex), and Solo Category. Both All-Men and Mixed teams should have three people in the team to compete.
Only 3o teams and 60 solo racers are permitted to join, so the earlier you register, the better.
Fee for the festival: P500 per head