After bagging a spot in the New7 Wonders of Nature, the Philippines is yet to possibly continue its winning streak. Recently, Swiss organization New7 Wonders launched their third campaign, New7 Wonders Cities, where people around the world could vote any city they like to compete for the title till December 31, 2011. Over 1200 cities around the world were declared as official nominees for Phase 1 (nomination phase), seventeen of which are in the Philippines.
Among the said cities are Baguio, Bacolod City, Cebu City, Davao City, General Santos City, Iloilo City, Legazpi City, Manila, Marikina, Makati City, Paranaque City , Puerto Princesa, Quezon City, Tagaytay, Taguig, Vigan and Zamboanga City.
Wherever you are in the globe, you may now cast your votes online for the second phase of the competition until March 7, 2012 through this link: http://www.new7wonders.com/form/nominate/en
All you need to do is browse through the alphabetical listing of the nominated cities, take your pick, enter the captcha code at the left sidebar along with your email address, submit, and voila! Your vote is encrypted for the next phase of the campaign.
The entire process involves 5 phases:
- Nomination Phase (January 7 to March 7, 2012) – Nominate 7 of your chosen cities from the New7 Wonders Cities list
- Qualification phase (March 7 to November 23, 2012) – Over 300 cities will be chosen as candidates
- Shortlist (November 23 – December 6, 2012) – From the top 77 participants, 28 official finalists will be chosen by the New7 Wonders panel of judges
- Finalist Phase (December 7, 2012 to December 6, 2013) – Votations for the finalists continues for a year, until the top 7 are deduced
- Announcement of the Official List of the New7 Wonders Cities (December 7, 2013)
If we were able to do it for the Puerto Princesa Underground River, we can make it happen again for any of these seventeen cities. Cast your votes now and help elevate Philippine tourism to higher grounds!
*Many thanks to that anonymous visitor who gave me the heads up on this one 🙂