- Ascott bacon – really crunchy and tasty. Tasted like good ol’ chicharon. My husband had a plateful, if you wanna know.
- Hash brown – fried just right, very crispy outside but tender and moist on the inside
- Croissant – so soft and tasty, it doesn’t need the extra butter.
- Fish fillet in white sauce – doesn’t taste like fish at all. Creamy and had that nice, subtle hint of herbs.
- Egg omelette – Ascott serves omelettes hot and fresh right off the pan. Guests get to pick which ingredients to add (I had mine splurged with all the goodies – chicken, ham, bacon, bell pepper, onions, tomatoes, cheese – except chili and shiitake), then the chef cooks the omelette right in front of them.
The others that I mentioned, well, I say they’re average to above average – nothing exceptional.