The New Year is fast approaching – another occasion that calls for those heartwarming homecooked dishes and yummy feasts! I remember a co-n@wie soliciting easy-to-make Lasagna recipes for the holidays, so I thought of putting up my own recipe here for mommies out there who’d like to give this ancient Greek dish a try this season.
Half a kilo of lean ground beef
A pouch of Del Monte Tomato Paste
About 1/4 of a 225 ml pouch of Del Monte Tomato sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
About a tbsp of Mc Cormick dried basil
Some fresh parsley
One medium sized white onion, diced
1. Saute white onion, garlic and ground beef until brown.
2. Add in tomato paste and tomato sauce then simmer for about ten minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent the sauce from sticking to the pan.
3. Add salt, pepper, basil and parsley, and simmer for about a couple more minutes. Set aside.
Ingredients for bechamel sauce:
One tetra pack Alaska Crema (or Nestle Cream) all purpose cream
About 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese (I use the rice cooker cup, and Daily Quezo for the cheese)
About 1/4 cup butter (Same cup)
Salt to taste
1. Melt butter in low heat then add in all purpose cream. Stir until the mixture shimmers.
2. Add in grated cheese and salt and stir until the cheese melts. Set aside.
Layering the lasagna:
1. Brush the rectangular pan with red sauce.
2. Lay down one strip of boiled lasagna noodles on the pan. Smother it with bechamel sauce, then the meat
3. Repeat the layering once more. After the second layer, lay down another strip of lasagna noodles, spread some white sauce, then top it with grated cheese.
4. Bake in an oven until the cheese melts
5. Garnish with parsley.
6. Enjoy! One whole block of lasagna feeds three. These recipe is good for about 3 long blocks.
NOTE: If you don’t have an oven, it’s okay not to bake it anymore. Once you’re done with step 3, you may go straight to garnishing the lasagna with parsley. Doesn’t make that much difference, in my case (when the lazy bone hits, hehe).