* This is superbly delayed post . Found it in my blogger posts as a draft whiley spring cleaning. Apparently I forgot to schedule it for publishing a year ago. Sheesh.
In light of its Wash-athon advocacy, Electrolux launched the My Shirt Story Blogging Contest last August 15, 2011. The month-long campaign aimed to gather clothes to be given as donation to victims of typhoon Reming, in cooperation with DZRH’s Operation Tulong and ABS-CBN’s Sagip Kapamilya Relief Operation.
Bloggers across the nation were asked to narrate the story behind their favorite shirts for a chance to win an Electrolux T-Drive Top Load Washer worth P20,000. At the awarding ceremony held yesterday (September 31, 2011) at the SM Mall of Asia IMAX parking lot, the ten finalists donated their prized shirts (along with other clothes, if they were feeling extra generous) to serve the greater purpose of lending warmth and comfort to those most in need.
The night opened with
lots of yummy kropeck Electrolux Manager Andrea, who also co-hosted the said event. There were rowdy games and heaps of wonderful Chinese cuisine. Talk about a totally swell time.
Then there was the heart pounding Top 10 winner countdown to cap off the night. Here they are:
10. Rai Lacoste of B&L Magazine – My Happy Life Is With A Tee
9. Iris Acosta of Pinay Ads – My Shirt Story My Favorite Shirt for Advocacy
8. Butchie Filart Dublin of Filipina Explorer – These Clothes Were Made for Giving
7. Melanie Abuel of MEL (My Everydy Life) –My SPECIAL SHIRT with such Sweet STORIES of SHOWMANSHIP, SERVITUDE and SURVIVAL
6. Nonoy Floresca of Trails Unlimited – My World Vision Shirt Story
5. Richard Mamuyac of Astig Machismis – What’s The Story On Your Chest
4. Ruth dela Cruz of Ruthilicious – My T-Shirt Story: I think (Thought), Win (Won), Will (Share)
3. Pehpot Pineda of Make or Break – This is My Shirt Story: Black Shirt Times 3
2. Lariza Garcia of Mom’s World of Arts and Happiness – A Mother’s Shirt
1. Ronald de Lima of Journey of No Fera – How This Shirt Changed My Life: My Shirt Story
While I may have already said my gracious thanks to FB friends who took the time to like my entry and post comments on my Electrolux My Shirt Story entry, I feel that I do owe everyone more kisses and hugs for their likes helped my entry earn 8th place (and sent us home with a chic Electrolux iron!).
Thank you for a wonderful advocacy Electrolux. Here’s hoping for more noble advocacies!